Forex Facts In Numbers
The UK, US, Singapore and Japan account for 71% of foreign exchange trading.
60% of all Forex transactions are conducted in either the UK (41%) or the United States (19%).
The market share of the top 10 players in the global Forex market with only around 20% of the market left for other participants.
Forex trading daily volume is about 53 times more than the New York stock exchange.
31. The top ten traded currencies are: from highest to lowest percentage (As two currencies are involved in each transaction, the sum of shares in individual currencies will total 200%.)
1) U.S. Dollar with over 87% of the total volume
2) Euro (EUR 33.4%),
3) Japanese yen (JPY, 23%),
4) British Pound (GBP, 11.8%)
5) Australian Dollar (AUD 8.6 %),
6) Swiss Franc (CHF, 5.2%).
7) Canadian Dollar (CAD 4.6%),
8) Mexican Peso (MXN 2.5%),
9) Chinese Renminbi (CNY 2.2%)
10) New Zealand Dollar (NZD 1.4%)
Some banks are known to allocate as much as 20-30% of their funds into the Forex market and generate between 40-60% of their total profits through trading currencies. This is by far their most lucrative endeavour.
95% Of Forex Traders Lose Their Investments In The First 6 Months
More than 85% of the global forex market’s price movement happens on only 7 currency pairs.
These are the USDJPY, GBPUSD, EURUSD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, USDCAD, and USDCHF.